It's not just about the OM!
Meditation has been used for thousand of years, it can be found in many countries, cultures and also in many religions, and in many forms: such as walking, standing, sitting, dancing, sound etc.,
With such a great variety of styles, each brings different strengths and benefits, helping us to development our awareness of the present moment.
Meditation is something everyone can do to improve their mental and emotional health. This of course, in turn, has a positive affect on our physical wellbeing.
Trying out a style of mediation suited to your goals is a great way to improve your quality of life, even if you only have a few minutes a day.
Meditation can help carry you more calmly throughout your day.
The most important part of meditation is YOU.
Here are some of those benefits:
○ Managing stress (best form - movement meditation)
○ Improving awareness
○ Learning to live in the present
○ Increasing focus and attention
○ Promoting calmness
○ Lowering (resting) heart rate
○ Lowering (resting) blood pressure
/slows down cardiovascular system
○ Improving sleep quality
○ Restores balance to the digestive system.
○ Relaxes the nervous system.
○ Relieves tension in the body/muscles.
○ Helps relieve headaches & migraines.
○ Relieves insomnia and bad sleep.
○ Releases fear and reduces anxiety.
○ Generates confidence, self-esteem, well-being & optimism.
Focused-attention meditationThis style concentrates attention on a single object, thought, sound, or visualisation. It emphasizes ridding your mind of distractions. Meditation may focus on breathing, a mantra, movement or calming sound.
Open-monitoring meditationThis style encourages broadened awareness of all aspects of your environment, train of thought, and sense of self. It may include becoming aware of suppressed thoughts, feelings, or impulses.
From our November Sound Harmony Meditation
Our Summer Sunshine Meditation Day at Park Villa
A class at The Loft, Little Green Refills
Elements of our classes include:
Gentle Qi Gong movement/meditation
Gentle Qi Gong breathing exercises
More elements will be added in future classes.
You can follow Satori and find all videos on Instagram, Facebook and YouTube